Thursday, 9 December 2010

I'm back. With lists. We need to go deeper.

So, it appears I have not posted on here for three months or something. That's, like, basically my entire autumn spent not posting on this blog. I didn't think anyone was really noticing (except for, of course, my Superchickens and other blog-friends) but then my IRL friends started getting all
So... it's been a whole 3 months + 1 week. I think you should blog soon :)
so that's fair enough, right? I should probably start blogging again or something.

Here's a quick catchup as to what I've been doing for the past whole three months plus one week:

  • I downloaded and watched three month's worth of Good Game
    • It was worth it
  • I made a video every weekday of October
    • It was not easy
    • I started to descend into a pit of writhing and self-pity
      • But I made like $20 from the Adsense that month so I'll probably do it again
  • I got fed up with the ridiculous going-nowhereness of my job and booked a one-way ticket to the United Kingdom
    • Then I got promoted to Children's Co-ordinator (full-time) the next day
    • I'm still going, damnit
      • This is like the third time I've tried to quit from there
  • I started playing Pokémon again (Platinum version)
    • My Pokémon can beat your Pokémon I am pretty sure
  • I decided to finish off The West Wing
    • I'm up to the final season
    • The Presidential father-figure makes me feel like everything is under control in this crazy world
Here are the things I did not do in the last whole three months plus one week:
  • I did not win NaNoWriMo
  • I did not actually do my Kingdom Assignment
At first it was because I was waiting on this one printer, but that didn't work out. Now I'm thinking I'll do it though an online store like Districtlines. I don't want to just submit that one design to them because it's not actually merch, so I need to actually design my own stuff too. That way I can submit them all together and it'll make sense. I've had my awesome idea for months now. I really need to do this thing.

(Hurumph grumblegrumble etc)

In other news, my NaNoWriMo was going SO WELL during the first week - I was actually on track the whole time. Then it kind of struggled for three days and died. Well, it didn't die per se - it lives on in my heart and continues to stew in my brian. I WILL DEFEAT YOU, STORY. I WILL WRITE YOU OUT UNTIL YOU ARE DONE.

Right at this very moment I'm listening to High Violet by The National because Mitto said it was better than Age of Adz by Sufjan Stevens. I'm on my fourth listen through of High Violet now and I am still unconvinced. If the so-called "album of the year" lacks shrill, gayer-than-Christmas flutes then it just isn't the album of the year. COME AT ME, BRO.

And there you have it. I should be sleeping right now, so I won't go back and check and recheck this post for spelling errors and unintentional run-on sentences. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of important things as well, (like how my stupid car needs stupid repairs stupid stupid STUPID) but I'll cover those in the days to come, I'm sure.

So, how've you been?

8 comments:

  1. You know, I still have your blog bookmarked from BEDA, so I check back every once in a while to see if you'd posted anything. I was wondering when one would pop up again.

    I feel ya with Nano, bro. I blame my trip to Robina. Got me all out of whack. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The National ARE awesome, Anyone's ghost, Afraid Of Everyone & Conversation 16 are my highlights.

    Oh & you kinda skipped over the whole NaNoWriMo thing... What happened there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the return to the blog! Also, multiple levels of bullet points. Intense.

    I was going to ask about the t-shirts, but I didn't want to be annoying, especially because I assumed it was because there had been issues with it all! :) I look forward to them happening one day!

    I'm glad you booked your ticket and are coming to the UK anyway, despite your job trying to entice you (and not just because you coming to the UK means I will hopefully get to meet you)! You've wanted to go and travel for ages. You need to just DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At long last, I can COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG AGAIN! I'd been wondering how long it would take, but I didn't want to poke because I know how blogging every day wears you down and sometimes you just need time to recover.

    So you got promoted right after you bought your ticket, eh? Isn't that just like life... But a decision made is a decision made, especially when it's a non-refundable ticket. Even though you're going there TWO WEEKS after I go (grumblegrumble), you'll have an amazing time. Will they hold the job for you? And would you want them to hold it?

    Don't worry, I didn't win NaNoWriMo either. But that was mainly because I didn't have time, I didn't have any idea what I was going to write and I didn't particularly care about doing it. That's a bad combination. And if John Green can't write a draft in a month, it clearly isn't the worst thing in the world not to finish.

    Are you doing the Project For Awesome? Also, I am RIDICULOUSLY looking forward to VidCon 2011. The epicness will be so epic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on my top albums of the year list for sputnik. I couldn't decide whether I liked Sufjan or The National better. At the moment Sufjan is at 7 and The National is at 8, just because I've had a lot more time to get sick of High Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, so you might not think it better than Age of Adz but you're still enjoying High Violet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Age of Adz - saw Sufjan in concert in Boston this fall, it was the most incredible and beautiful show I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! This is awesome. I can't believe it took me over 3 weeks to realise that you had commenced blogging again :) hoorah!

    ReplyDelete