Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Work. Scott Pilgrim. Small group. Friends.

It's going to be a short one today. I chose to talk to my friends on Skype rather than do a long entry. Hope that's okay!

Today I went to work and it was pretty much the same as yesterday. Afterward I had a really long wait until small group but I decided I wasn't going to go home because it costs too much in petrol. Instead I hung around the shops for a bit and checked out what was on at the movies. That's when I found out this movie was opening a DAY EARLY OR SOMETHING:


It took me totally by surprise but I've been looking forward to watching this since I first saw the promo. I watched it on my own (the rest of my friends were either at work or at uni) and it was AWESOME. I'm definitely going to see this again. It was a real treat - probably my favourite movie so far this year. That's saying a lot because I've seen both Toy Story 3 and Inception and loved both.

After the movie I went to small group, where we talked about Ephesians 1 - which mostly concerns predestination and the power of Christ's resurrection to heal our lives. I know that might sound dull or complicated or irrelevant or whatever but it's always entertaining. We've got a good group.

Then I came home and got on Skype and had lovely conversations with my friends and began to miss them more than my little heart can bear. Oh dear.

Music today is Oh Happiness by David Crowder*Band, whom I love.



Byess

3 comments:

  1. I... I didn't think it was possible for a movie to be better than Inception... But I also really want to see Scott Pilgrim, so I will definitely be seeing it when I can. A friend of mine told me about the concept a couple of months back and I've been in love with the idea ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your music choices are always excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT TO SEE SCOTT PILGRIM SO BAD!!1! SDFNSALDKJFNSLIDNFAKDNFLISD.

    -ahem-

    I love Oh Happiness. Such a good song. Such a good band. <3

    ReplyDelete