Thursday, 26 August 2010

Twitter conversations. Plants vs Zombies. "Professional" videos.

Colleen just sent me this tweet:


I responded with:

I'm thinking I should probably blog like she obviously wants me to. If I don't she will fail the commenting every day on my blogs in August and then I would feel AWFUL. Plants vs Zombies is a LOT OF FUN though.

Today I found out that the videos I made for work were seen by the area manager and the Big Boss. Both of them loved them. My boss even hinted that the company might might MIGHT ask me to make videos for them more regularly which is something I never even dreamed would happen. Tomorrow I'm not actually working (although I do have that interview with Apple to go to, which is sort of embarrassing now) but I'm going to drop by Borders and give them the files of videos which feature me.

Come to think of it, I can actually upload them myself right now. I have the username and password for the Borders private training account. I think I'll do that after I blog. Unfortunately for you, readers, you'll never see these videos because they are all on private. They're not especially entertaining though - they're mostly about books people like, or different ways we display the stock on the shelves. So don't feel like you're missing out on too much.

Anyway, my point is I hope the company DOES ask me to make more videos for them and that can be a bigger part of my job. That would be the ideal situation, I think. But even if that doesn't happen, I'm pretty sure I've got it worked out now that I can finish with Centrelink and still have enough money to live and save for going overseas. You have no idea how much of a relief it is to say that. Centrelink's paperwork and interviews and job search requirements are practically a part-time job in and of themselves.

On an unrelated note, YouTube started sending new subscriber emails again today. I like seeing each person's name as they subscribe. I also like seeing people's names who I know. Ha.

Okay, I am getting slightly delirious. I'm going to sleep now.

Here's Mouthwash by Kate Nash. It was playing at work today and I was like "Oh yeah I forgot how much I like this song!"



I use mouthwash and sometimes I floss. I've got a family and I drink cups of tea.

Ok, goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I certainly wasn't expecting to see my own face when I opened up your blog... I'm glad to know I helped guilt/inspire you today. I'm Colleen and I'm here to make you think about your day and blog and stuff!

    So the videos you're making are for training people? You should put in subliminal messages that encourage all of the new employees to join nerdfighteria. Also, when will you ideally be going overseas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool about the work/video situation. I hope they get you to make more videos too.

    ReplyDelete