Friday, 27 August 2010

Hectic day. No Apple for me. New, new Sufjan.

I've had a HECTIC day. I can't really go into detail about it though because I was supposed to be asleep an hour ago. I'm working from 8:30AM to 6:00PM tomorrow. It's that soul-destroying, lose-faith-in-humanity shift I did on that day everyone filmed their days for YouTube. Um, I can't remember what it's called.

Anyway, today was my friend Hannah's 21st birthday celebration. We went out and did things allllllll day. Hannah et al are probably still out even as I type this. We checked out some really cool spots on the Gold Coast that I didn't even know existed. I had teppanyaki for dinner. It was awesome (and expensive). Also, I wore a suit coat over a t-shirt.

I also had my second Apple interview today. I have no idea why they asked me to go back and talk to them again because upon arriving home just now I found an email informing me that I did not get the job. I must have confirmed some fears they had in the first interview or something. Anyway, I'm definitely not upset about this - I feel like I've had a decision made for me. I'm sort of relieved. I can stick with Borders quite happily for now.

Remember how not very long ago I was excited because Sufjan Stevens released a new EP? Well now he's apparently releasing an album in October. Here's a track from it. I'm not sure about the echo on the vocal, but I think it might be growing on me.

Ciao, Knives.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, that's a lot of working... I only work in three hour shifts right now, but combined with classes, it gets very tiring very quickly. Nine and a half hours is a looooong time, though. But at least you get to use that to make videos?

    Yaaaay, not having to choose between Borders and Apple! And now you appreciate your current job, right? Ohmygosh SO MUCH SUFJAN! I'm going to spend all my free money on music this month!

    On a side note, what is teppanyaki?

    ReplyDelete