Friday, 23 July 2010

Nerdfighter camp

Yesterday, foolishly, I said:


and I repeated it on Formspring. Then people were like OMG UR TOTALLY GOING TO BLOG AGAIN OMG! and now I feel obliged to even though now I don't want to. Humph.

It's okay though, really. No really. It's GOOD FOR ME.

Also, BEDA is coming up again and I should do it. Because it is good for me. The truth is I've been putting off blogging because I feel like if I blog about VidCon (and I have to) it's going to be Officially Over and that's a thought I just can't stand. It's probably a little weird of me to get so emotionally invested. Maybe it's not. I don't really know what's normal for this sort of thing. Maybe nobody knows.

Actually, I think I'm going to avoid the Post-VidCon blow-by-blow description at least one more night. Just know that it was awesome. Really, really awesome. I loved practically everyone I met there and I have the best subscribers in the world. I wish I had the time to be best friends with them all because the ones I met at VidCon were the loveliest people I've ever met. And they give good hugs.

Instead, look here:

I got a lot of positive @replies in regards to this. What those people DON'T know is that I wrote down some of the things we did on that camp in my dream and went back to sleep. I woke up to find I had scribbled on my pad the following activities:

  • "Educational North/South gender paradigms"
  • "Voting field trips"
  • "Mechanics"
  • "Photos"
I remember there being a tree-house though, so at least there was that.

Even though my dreams fail at making entertaining summer camps for budding Nerdfighters the idea still excited me - and my Twitter followers it seems. If this became a reality I would love to be a leader at such a camp. They could have book clubs, vlogging workshops, personalised t-shirt making... and all the while not a single person would forget to be awesome. That sounds like the ideal summer job to me, so if someone wants to go ahead and make that a reality make sure you go ahead and let me know you've done so.

Tomorrow I'm working a(n) (aw)ful(l) day - 8:30-6:00. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive! #Hyperbole

Anyway, I'll do my best to blog again tomorrow all about VidCon. I'll try and articulate how I feel about it without coming across as an irrational sap.

Goodnight for now!

1 comment:

  1. If this camp ever gets started up I'm totally willing to be a counselor. Especially if there's a world language area...I could teach Spanish! That way I could still get my Spanish camp fix as well! I might even be willing to do it for free...after all, the pay only averages out to about a dollar an hour where I am currently-and the 24/7 awesome at a Nerdfighter camp would easily compensate for that.

    ReplyDelete