Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Treading Water

Glory and honor, wisdom and power
Grace and fury, splendour and might
O You are splendour and might
Matchless beauty, endless light

Sorry for posting song lyrics. It's so tacky. I couldn't help myself though, on account of how badass this song is.

So. Apparently Mitto of all people is getting in on the guilt-trip-Rohan action.


Well here you go, Mitto. I hope you (insert horrible death here). Actually the tears until you die thing was a pretty good one. I probably shouldn't be writing this if I wish you ill. Oh well.

*GASP!* I thought I just lost everything I wrote because I accidentally clicked the 'home' button instead of my Facebook tab. Luckily Blogger saves these things as I go along. Are you enjoying my stream of consciousness? I know I wouldn't be! Oh look, a self-deprecating blogger! How original! Lawl!

In work/job related news, I'm STILL waiting to hear from the folks at ABC Open. Their glacial response to their applicants is finally getting on my nerves. I have to keep reminding myself that they are only two people and they are trying to fill 30 positions and that's not easy and I'm just one person who they may or may not pick and and and aaaah! I just need to know yea or nay. Kthx.

In terms of other possible jobs it's looking like I could very well continue to be unemployed for another 12 months if I'm staying in Australia. Sure, Australia got off easy in the GFC compared to the rest of the world, but I am not fit to work in the mines. I'm being driven to find work in Asia, even though I want to say on the Gold Coast so badly.

That's something I've not written about before. Over the past few weeks I've really fallen in love with the Gold Coast all over again. Well, I've never really loved the Gold Coast. I don't surf/I hate the beach, all the tourists annoy me etc etc etc. I don't love the city itself, but the people are another matter entirely. I just don't want to go, but I will if I have to. I always get clingy and difficult when it comes time to leave a place. Still, leaving 12two will be really, really tough. Oh God, I don't know what I'm going to do without them.

Having said that, I think it's time I found a new job, even if that does mean moving. The past few days at the book store have been tough for me and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm spending a full 2PM-9:30PM shift there tomorrow and I just hope I don't get frustrated with anyone or get stuck on registers all day. One of my managers looked it up and it turns out I've spent the last 12 of 14 shifts on registers. It's SO MUNDANE. Much like reading about someone complain about work on their blog. Moving on...

I'm fully about to make a new video - I just need to find the time to do the filming. I was thinking about it on the way to work and cracked myself up with my ideas, which is always a good sign. I don't want to set expectations too high though. It might be a flop (much like how I thought Cecil B. DeMille was funny, but in hindsight it really wasn't).

And that's about all I've got left in me. Yes, it scares me too. How did I have that giant wall of text all bottled up inside? Does everyone? What happens to the text if it doesn't get written down? Does it just get forgotten or does it build up and EXPLODE? (I like to think that it explodes, but reality probably tells us differently.)

Okay, I'll see you next time.

1 comment:

  1. Color me surprised! I decided to check your blog on a whim and I find a new update! Yay!

    I'm pretty sure the word build-up does, indeed, explode. At least for me. I often find that when I'm thinking about something a lot, I end up saying it to someone, whether I mean to or not. Blogging all the time certainly does give a release for that (though not always interestingly...). And I know what you mean about leaving, too. I'm going on break from university for three months starting tomorrow and I find myself quite reluctant to leave the home I've built for myself.

    Hope you hear from ABC Open soooooon!

    ReplyDelete