Thursday, 27 May 2010

Passion World Tour 2010

The other night I found out Passion is on another world tour. Just now I realised that it's happening NOW. They haven't said they're coming to Australia and that kills me a little inside. During the first world tour they came to Sydney. I was there, but basically only by accident. I was SO CLOSE to not going, but I'm so incredibly glad I did. I've never been part of anything like that before, and I've seen my fair share of large, Christian gatherings. It's got to be the most profound experience of worship I've ever experienced.

As usual, these things are impossible to explain in words without sounding completely absurd. But if I found out the Passion world tour was going to be in Sydney tomorrow I would drop everything and jump on a plane as soon as I could. Money would be no object. Accommodation would have to take care of itself. Work would have to work itself out. I would just go.

"Energy.
Faith.
Not polite.
Yet really reverent at times.
So loud at others.
Such a hunger.
Special, special night."

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Passion World Tour event in London 2 years ago - was an amazing evening!

    I was so excited to see that Passion was coming back to London a couple of weeks ago, but alas it was right before my uni exams started and I really couldn't justify going away for the weekend right before my exams :( I was so gutted to miss it!

    ReplyDelete