Friday, 30 April 2010

Adios, BEDA

So. Today is the last day of BEDA, and before I begin I'm just going to leave this here...



So, so much better than Ray William Johnson.

Anyway, I have quite enjoyed blogging every day, but I think for next month I am going to try and do something else every day, like reading my Bible. I figure if I have the discipline to blog every day, surely I can take an hour out and read as well? Unnecessary question mark?

Yeah. That's what I'm going to do in May. I'm going to call it Read The Bible Every Day In May, or RTBEDIM, which I don't think is actually pronounceable. I'll do one Psalm, one chapter of the Old Testament and one chapter of the New Testament. If I get on a roll I'll do one chapter of one of the Gospels too, but four chapters is a lot of reading for me right now. Anyway, we'll see how we go.

Today I worked (again, level one registers) and it was like the store was the locus for every crazy person on the Coast. Well, two of them anyway. I had a very colourful day at work today.

I just spent a long time typing out all the things that happened, but I'm left with the distinct feeling that it's a bit unprofessional to laugh at these customers publicly online. I'll squirrel it away, at least until I have a job somewhere else ; )

In other musings, over the last couple of months I've been thinking about Fundamentalism, and about how everybody thinks they are a fundamentalist. Like, many people would consider me a liberal Christian, but I'm not liberal because I'm watering down the 'right' way to do it because I'm lazy/ashamed/weak/whatever, I'm so-called 'liberal' because that's genuinely what I think Jesus was getting at when he told us how to live. So, for me, 'fundamentalists' aren't fundamentalists at all, but have deviated significantly from God's plan for the Church. Anyway, I'm sure that thought isn't finished yet, I just didn't want to tease you with a story about work today and leave you with nothing to chew on.

Tomorrow I'm going to a masquerade ball, but not before working fairly early in the morning. I should get to sleep.

'Till NEXT TIME!

Adios, BEDA

R

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Rohan! You have made it to the other side of BEDA unscathed! It's been lovely to read a bit about who you are and what you've been up to for a month. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through BEDA successfully! Just don't go and completely disappear on us now!

    There's someone on YT that mentioned doing something called B90x (a 90-day reading plan for the Bible) starting later this month, and I think I'm going to try to follow along. I tend to stop the everyday reading habit after 2-3 weeks, so hopefully knowing that I am reading with a group of others, in a manner of speaking, will help keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete