Thursday, 29 April 2010

TV

Today I worked again (Level 1 registers, "Do you have any taboon cook books?") I REALLY did not feel like working this morning, but it turned out to be a pretty good shift. Nobody really asked me for anything impossible/dumb today and nobody was rude. Afterward I felt really good.

I spent the afternoon helping my friend Tenielle film an audition video for Getaway. We had lunch as well and it was really good. Unfortunately this meant that no chores got done at home. My parents are coming home soon (maybe they will find the TV remote) and Mum is going to want a clean house.

Right now I'm watching commercial television for some reason. Fortunately The Amazing Race is on. I LOVE The Amazing Race. I'm also laughing at how terrible the ads are. This stuff seriously makes people buy things? Really? Ok. But you see, this ad features a woman who throws feathers at people and they freeze. It's a beer ad. What does that have to do with beer?

Anyway, The Amazing Race is a seriously good show. Watching these people try to manage as their narrow worldview violently expands is a lot of fun. Plus, you get to see the world as the contestants freak out over their various tasks. Hahaha these people get so desperate and irrational. I should probably watch more Ze Frank, but this is a lot of fun.

OMG. The girl who can't tell the difference between Chile and China just got first place.

Anyway... I'm thinking it's about time I made another video. I told someone on YouTube I'd make a video response to them a few weeks ago but none of my videos have been appropriate so far. I'll make an OMG Comments DAY! video and that'll work well, I reckon.

Also, look what I found via Jesus Needs New PR, this is apparently how we market the Word of God now. I actually like the video, even though I'm a bit O_o about its purpose and the product it's marketing.



Okay now I'm going to go to bed.

R

1 comment:

  1. The Chunky Bible...interesting. I guess the basic idea is kind of neat, at least for someone like me who loves quotes. The problem, though, is the fact that it's so big. I don't imagine that there are too many people that want to carry around a book of that size just because of the "chunks of wisdom" that they can tear out and give to people. And I really think they could have picked a better name.

    ReplyDelete