Friday, 16 April 2010

Do not want!

It's day 17 on this project and I'm going a bit aaaaah! Today I cooked tacos and experimented with peeling a capsicum (a red pepper to the rest of you). I also finished reading Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak. I think I will read The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness next. I told my friend Ellie to read it and she quickly read it and its sequel within a week, raving about it all the while. I think I should read it so we can talk about it.

I don't know why but I was exhausted today, despite sleeping in. That's probably my problem, sleeping in. Anyway, I had a nap this evening. I'm conscious that I haven't logged in to Skype for more than a week and I meant to remedy that tonight, but I just don't feel up to it. I'm sorry, friends! I will be with you soon <3

I forgot to mention in my post yesterday that I went and saw Date Night with my friends Jacinta and Ellen. I didn't have enormous expectations because Tina Fey, despite being a legendary comic genius, did not write the script. I was pleasantly surprised though. My friends and I laughed crazily the entire way through.

Before the movie Jacinta and I grabbed a coffee from the Gloria Jeans that lives in the bookstore where I work. We didn't even think about it and just sat down and we were quickly spotted by my workmates who were on that night. Jacinta and I were sitting there talking and drinking coffee and apparently looked like we were on a date because one of my workmates was hovering around saying strange things. We had to be like, "Hey! Hey! It's okay you can stop being weird! We're not on a date!" It was funny because I know it would have gone out on the staff radio system that Rohan was up in Gloria Jeans showing off his new girlfriend when in reality that is probably the LAST thing I would do.

Okay that is all I'm going to say today. I'm going to read The Knife of Never Letting Go for a while and then I am going to slip into a blissful sleep.

R

4 comments:

  1. Tacos, yummy!

    Haha, I have experienced similar 'no we're not on a date' situations, usually more on the funny side than the awkward side :) The problem is, people in my university town (Ok, well it's mainly the Christians...) seem to assume that if you're going out for coffee together you're CLEARLY GOING TO GET MARRIED. Haha, it's so silly. Frustrating sometimes, but at least it's never been a massive issue, so it's mostly just amusing.

    One of my housemates delights on making jokes and winding me up about pretty much any guy I'm seen alone with in public. Even when it was the Christian Union President (I'm the VP) that I was with and we were clearly having a meeting about CU. *rolls eyes*

    People need to chill out - BOYS AND GIRLS CAN BE JUST FRIENDS! (That said, I have been guilty of speculating on other people... so I shouldn't really talk!...hmm)

    Sleep is good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick Ness came to QUT a few weeks ago for a guest lecture. I was feeling tired and lazy so I didn't go, but I wish I had just toughed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 17 means you're over halfway done, Rohan! You're doing so well! Stay strong! I'm not going to lie, reading your blog every day reminds and motivates me to write my own. So... Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skype is a lovely invention. It's especially nice when you're across the ocean from your family and would prefer not to pay enormous phone bills with money that you do not have!

    ReplyDelete