Saturday, 27 March 2010

ABC Open Application

In the comments of yesterday's blog Colleen asked:
Any news on that ABC Open job you applied for?
Alas no! Three days ago the ABC Open Twitter account said:


So as you may be able to guess I am still waiting on any news yea or nay. I don't envy Cath and Ann (the two in charge of hiring people) because each and every one of those applications is no doubt about 2500 words long. It seems like they are giving each one due consideration, which I'm incredibly happy about. It would be easy just to hand them off to an intern to make the initial cull, but it seems like they are reading them all properly in order to make the shortlist. This is an incredible achievement considering they got just over 500 applications to begin with, so even if I don't make the cut I'm very, very grateful.

May I also say, I'm very pleased they have the Twitter feed giving us information about the application process. I'm sure it's saved them a lot of anxious emails from concerned applicants, and it has saved me a lot of worry.

When I hear anything about my application I'll be sure to let you know, unless I'm somehow obliged not to.

In other news, my friend Mitto has bought and is playing Pokémon HeartGold and it's making me nostalgic for the media I consumed in my childhood. I may very well start playing one of my Pokémon games again, just because.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 500 applicants for 30 jobs? That's intimidating. I hate the waiting game after you apply for things. I just applied for an internship and I have no clue when they're going to make their final decision. Not much to do other than pray, though. The best of luck to you, sir!

    ReplyDelete