Friday, 12 February 2010

Walking Stick: VidCon? I mean, what?

Did I really say I was going to blog every day and then not blog the very next day? I guess that actually happened. Well, if you've been following this blog for a long time (and what a patient soul you must be, if you have been) you'd not that's actually nothing out of the ordinary. I'd hate for that to reflect on the sort of person I am, though. I've just watched episode 1 of Survivor: Heroes vs Villains. It was epic, and I don't usually watch Survivor.

I went to this "preview" screening of LOST and Flash Forward the day before yesterday. The word "preview" is in quotation marks because that episode of LOST was actually screened in the States six days prior, and Flash Forward was actually season 1 episode 1 - so around about six or seven months behind the States. Oh you've got to love living in the Southern Hemisphere. Anyway, at the "preview" we were given an epic amount of swag. We got a Flash Forward notebook (which was the least interesting item), a set of LOST binoculars, LOST sun tent and a Dharma Initiative walking stick.

I'll say that again. A Dharma Initiative walking stick. Lewis can't get over how I can't get over it. But I was like, a walking stick? Seriously? It even has an LED torch on the front of the stick; I guess it's so you can see while you hobble through the darkened interior of that mysterious hatch that got blown up probably I mean I didn't really see it I stopped watching at the end of the second season hey aren't run on sentences cool?


But really. I was kind of blown away by the walking stick. It even has the Disney corporate logo on it. I am all like WOA MAN WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! But I am totally holding onto that stick. I'm not going to let it go unless somebody wants to buy it for a lot of money. Why? Because I want to go to VidCon, that's why.


HEY I JUST SPRUNG THAT ONE ON YOU RIGHT THERE DIDN'T I.


No question marks for that one. It was a rhetorical question. What it needs is an irony mark, but they don't make those any more. But yes, I'm trying to go to VidCon, but it's looking grim. I mean, I have to go now that I'm not going to Peru. If not just for how awesome it would be, then because it would be a seriously stupid professional move for me to pass that conference up. Anyway, I'm working on it. I'm hoping something will reveal itself at the last minute. Or considerably before the last minute. As close as possible to right now would be great.

One last thing, if you've managed to stick with me so far. If you want to ask me questions or leave me comments or whatever that would be really great. I got a couple on my last post and you are all lovely. Or if you're afraid I might judge you (which is a totally baseless fear, by the way, but just in case) you can do so on my Formspring where it's all totally anonymous. You could even leave me abuse there too, if you wanted to. The reason I bring up my Formspring is because a lot of the questions there are pretty low-calibre (I mentioned this in my last post, hey?) and I reckon my blog readers could raise the bar a little.

Anyway, I love you; you are all fine, fine examples of your species, and I bid you goodnight.

R

4 comments:

  1. Not to ruin anything, but that Flashforward show lacks direction, although the concept is neat.

    I hope VidCon works out! Mexico also has its lovely places, like Chiapas. There's a lot of poverty there [which I guess wouldn't really make it lovely, would it?], and the indigenous people desperately need help. I think I'm gonna go live there before starting grad school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I know exactly what you mean about VidCon. I really, really want to go. You'd think it would be easy for me as I only live two states north of California, but no. Ah well, it'll work out if it works out. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You. Need. To. Go. To. VidCon.

    End of story.

    I've decided I'm going to sell back textbooks and donate plasma like every week leading up to it... it could work out, you never know.

    ANYWAY I've pretty much decided that I have to go, and I just have to figure out how. And I think you should too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Vidcon turns out great? I'd like to go to future ones but can't go to this one because it's clear across the country.

    ReplyDelete