Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Lame Post of Lameness

Hey there. Just checking in again for you all, my lovlies. I'm still filling out that job application (it's long and harrowing), but I feel like I shouldn't be using that as an excuse not to blog. Plus, I like blogging. I don't know why I don't blog more often. Hopefully, if I get this job, I can blog every day. Yeah, it's one of those jobs. They don't come around very often. I NEED to get one of those 30 positions.

Anyway, that's not what I came here to blog about. I could post a little diatribe I wrote and saved as a draft on Tumblr, but I'm feeling like that would be all a little too self-important of me, considering the topic. Or maybe I'll break it out for a special occasion later on. I'm sure you'll all be very sympathetic.

And so it occurs to me that, although I may be on holidays in New Zealand, I am currently the most boring person on Earth. Right now I've come to acquire a song by Lifehouse which contains the line "How could I stand here with you and not be moved by you?" which I find compelling, but in a way that I'm sure will seem kind of quaint or overly earnest if I were to articulate exactly why. Other than that I'm just having a good time with my friends, but not actually being a tourist. I sort of like that idea, that people think I'm just some Australian who lives here permanently. I like it here in the summer. The weather is lovely and I get to laugh at the locals who think it is too hot. I'm sure once winter were to roll around it would be a different story, though, and the joke would be on me.

There's absolutely no point to this entry. I apologise for being so lame.

R

1 comment:

  1. I like that song. Though I enjoyed it in a very different context than it was perhaps intended. Infact I think Mitto's later explanations ruined it for me. lol

    ReplyDelete