Thursday, 29 October 2009

Procrastinating

It is 11:22pm and I haven't actually written anything for the assignment I said I would write stuff for yesterday. I have it right here and I have all my materials. I even wrote a paragraph last week. Now I just have to finish it off! Just another 1750 words to go!

Ahem, so I sat down to write it and I was like I MUST DO A QUICK BLOG OR I'LL FORGET THESE THOUGHTS THAT JUST SUDDENLY SRUNG INTO MY HEAD SUDDENLY JUST NOW.

Basically I want to say two things and then I'm going to write a solid 500 words about the celebrification of Myf Warhurst. Okay.

Thing one:
Today I finally beat out the particulars of what I'll be doing next year. I'll definitely be going overseas to Peru for six months or so. This is happening. The particulars are decided. All the particulars besides when I come back, but I'll do that tomorrow after I do my sums. Anyway, I'm going again and I'm stopping off in New Zealand for a month in February. That is how it will go down.

I was talking to Mum about it and also talking about my more far-flung future. She asked me what my ideal job would be. I thought I was going to say working in television on the ABC but I searched myself and found that I actually want to use the online skills I have learned in the past few years to help charitable organisations better connect with their donors à la The Uncultured Project. I don't see myself out in the field the whole time, but I want to enable other people to go as well.

Um, there's also this thing that I won't actually publish online because it's a little early, but when I told Mum she was actually visibly impressed and said "that's exciting!" That doesn't happen very often. Usually she'll play devil's advocate to make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself. The first time I told her I was going to Peru she actually laughed. I don't want to give you the impression that my mother is not supportive of me, because that's far from the truth. It's just that her way of looking out for me seems to be by asking How are you actually going to DO that? Are you SURE that's really what you want?

So yeah. Pumped.

Thing two:
I made a video of me singing. I know. It must be the end of the world or something. Those horsemen are not far off. I don't actually sound GREAT in this, but it's actually better than I thought it would be. Plus I'm pretty sure that the things that weren't good can be fixed. Like, I can see where I haven't done a good job but I'm pretty confident that I could do a good job next time. Result: increased confidence. Thanks YouTube! (And Paige, who is wonderful and brought my idea into reality.)

Okay. So now that's done I can do this assignment. The mantra for this one is that it's my... SECOND TO LAST EVER SECOND TO LAST EVER SECOND TO LAST EVER.

I GRADUATE IN DECEMBER I GRADUATE IN DECEMBER I GRADUATE IN DECEMBER

I'm not spell-checking this, sorry.

Recommendation: These Penguin classics in gorgeous cloth-bound hardcover. Like, it's not just one book, and I may have talked about these before elsewhere but JUST LOOK AT THEM. Sometimes when I'm at work and nobody is watching I'll go up to the display table we have and just touch them. Because they are so lovely.

2 comments:

  1. i too was all touchy touchy with the clothbound penguins...when i first saw them i practically drooled....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduating... (Or should I wait until December?)

    Also FWIW I thought your singing was fine, though the recording setup could've been better.

    ReplyDelete