Thursday, 10 September 2009

Today's Adventures. Bullet-form.

Seeing as I got ALL POLITICAL just before I'll just do today's regular blog post in bullet-points.

Today I:

-- Got up at 6:40, not getting my required eight hours of sleep. I had dreams about living in alpine regions where two people played piano for each other as a sort of call; calling each other from the opposite sides of a valley. I awoke reluctantly, but felt surprisingly robust.

-- Got to work 25 minutes early to avoid sitting in traffic. I used the 25 minutes to get a coffee and then pimp Justine Larbalestier's book How to Ditch Your Fairy to my workmates during the morning meeting. They should recommend it to girls, I said. And boys. Well, the ones who won't mind if a book has a fairy in it.

-- Served approximately 20 customers during the entire five hours I was there, then went home and put a frozen pizza in the oven. Nutritious.

-- Went out for takeaways with my parents. NUTRITIOUS! Nearly bought my MacBook after learning my pay just got put through today - I had more money than I thought. Went home disappointed because my bank hadn't deposited it in my account yet. Will it happen tomorrow? WHO KNOWS?!?!

-- Redacted

-- Watched Q&A on the ABC. Finished the programme feeling that John Marsden has a better grasp of the way things work than most self-proclaimed social commentators. It appears my faith in the capable insight of Young Adult Fiction authors remains unshaken.

-- Decided to address a Chicken's request for me to talk about the American healthcare reform. Thinking I might make that post into a video after all. Maybe. Afraid that video would explode. Maybe that's what I want. Conflicted.

-- Listened to Owl City for the first time while I wrote this blog entry. I've decided I like his music in the same way I like The Postal Service's music.

Now it's time to go to sleep. I've got a Relient K concert to go to tomorrow night and I am pretty stoked about it. I've got to do that exam and a video tomorrow too though. I've been avoiding that exam. DONOTWANT! =(

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I should add- since my last comment was the first time I've ever commented on your blog, I should say that I am obviously a huge fan of your videos and my husband and I watch them together and lol an insane amount. You are so hilarious! <3

    I've been meaning to read How to Ditch Your Fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I:

    -- read your blog!

    Look forward to the AmeriHealthCareReform Video, and the concert sounds like fun! I like Relient K's music. It's my guiltypleasure.

    ReplyDelete