Friday, 26 June 2009

Peru Trip Entry

I sent this email out today. Not sure if I will blog the rest here or not, but I will blog them somewhere! Anyway, enjoy.


Hi guys,

This email is going to be a very short one because it's late here now, but I'll make up for it later I promise!

Well I made it safely here yesterday night, and here I am at my friend Dan and Narelle's place after a full day of checking out Lima. Also with us is Rodo, an employee and friend of Dan's, who is our local guide and resident comedian. Today he and Dan convinced me (or did I convince myself?) to order coffee under the name Juan. In FLAWLESS SPANISH (it was totally flawless!) I ordered said coffee and gave my name. The lady behind the counter did not seem to believe that I would have such a Spanish-sounding name, which is odd because, as I mentioned before, my Spanish was FLAWLESS! (Really!... No really!)

; )

I saw the Presidential Palace today and the local markets. Tomorrow I'm going to visit a family who are friends of Dan and Narelle, as well as visit Lomas - the town Dan's NGO works in - for the first time. On Sunday it looks like we will be going to Cusco and Machu Picchu, despite recent protests there blocking off the trains. On Sunday night a group from Melbourne is going to arrive, and I'm really looking forward to meeting them.

I will probably be blogging my updates in future, but I'm not sure exactly where on the internet that blog will be at the moment. I'll let you know. In the meantime you can receive updates via my Twitter, and I'll have pictures soon (I forgot to bring my camera today - never again!)

Anyway, I hope this finds you well, and I will have more news soon.

Rohan

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm called anonymous, but my name is Julie. Sorry if i make mistakes but i'm French and i'm not used to speak English. I'm from a little French Island called Reunion Island. I envy you cause you're doing my dream travel (Peru)!!! I've made a wonderful travel five months ago. It was in Madagascar. I'm a young student and it was completely unplaned but one of the best trip ever!. I went there with two friends. I would like to spent most of my lifetime traveling. Your blog is really interesting. I encourage you to keep it alive!

    ReplyDelete