Thursday, 9 April 2009

DANGEROUSLY Close to Midnight!

In true BEDA form I am blogging DANGEROUSLY close to midnight. In celebration of this I typed "midnight" into the search field of iTunes. Thus, I am currently listening to Justice (One Minute to Midnight), ABBA (Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie...) and the entire Midnight Juggernauts album, Dystopia.

So blogging close to midnight was a pretty good call actually.

Today I went late-night shopping to fulfil my patriotic duty of stimulating the economy. Whenever I hear the phrase "stimulate the economy" I always think I'm listening to economists talk about something vaguely sexual, as if there is a giant euphemism being repeated in the media that everyone knows about but me. What makes it more unsettling is that these economists are inevitably old men wearing business suits (I assume this is because old men wearing suits gives the impression they Know What They're Doing).

I got some new clothes, all of which I will be rocking in short order. I'm pretty glad about this, because new clothes make me feel confident. I need all the confidence I can get for this Project Next interview I've got coming up on Friday. I'll probably get a haircut too, because Rohan with freshly-cut hair is about as confident as you can get. I need to feel like I can go to that interview and just KILL THEM with my charm and ASTONISHING GOOD LOOKS. Never mind I'm worried about the scabby zits on my face - if I make lots of hand-gestures I will be able to distract their attention away from the grossness.

Also, perhaps if I show my extensive knowledge of the media industry thusly:

Denton: "Hello Rohan very good to meet you"
Rohan: "I HAVE JUST STEPPED OUT OF A WITCHERY FOR MEN CATALOGUE"
Denton: "You... what?"
Rohan: "..." *awkward pause* "I AM THE MAN WHO LEFT HIS JACKET IN THE COFFEE SHOP"
Denton: "That was you?"
Rohan: "WILL YOU HIRE ME IF I SAY YES?"
Denton: "Only if you stop talking in capital letters"
Rohan: "OH WOW I mean... that's cool man. Yeah that was me."


In my shopping spree tonight I also bought a new phone. I didn't get an iPhone in the end because it didn't make sense to spend all that money on a phone I might lose. I'll buy a laptop in a few months time.

OMG IT JUST TURNED 12 GTG

2 comments:

  1. "I HAVE JUST STEPPED OUT OF A WITCHERY FOR MEN CATALOGUE"

    This made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's LG Ice Cream isn't it?
    btw nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete