Saturday, 4 April 2009

BEDA - Internet Things

Oh wow. Today's posts just came so easily! I must be getting good at this again! I LOVE BEDA!

Ever heard of Eliza? It's a program that pretends to be a real psychologist. There's a version on the internet that I had a play with, resulting in the following conversation (Text after ">>" is my input):

>> Hello.
How do you do.  Please state your problem.
>> I don't know what I'm doing here.
Is it because you are doing here  that you came to me ?
>> WTF?
I'm not sure I understand you fully.
>> Okay. You're not making much sense either
What makes you think I am not making much sense either  ?
>> Your sentences are all funny
Why are you concerned over my sentences are all funny  ?
>> They have incorrect grammar!
Please go on.
>> You are supposed to be an educated person!
Does it please you to believe I am supposed to be an educated person  ?
>> It would, but you are making all these mistakes and I doubt your metal capacity!
Do you sometimes wish you were making all these mistakes and you doubt my metal capacity  ?
>> NO. NEVER.
Are you saying no just to be negative?
>> No. I genuinely don't want to make these mistakes.
You are being a bit negative.
>> Rawr
What does that suggest to you ?
>> It suggests to me that you DON'T UNDERSTAND!
We were discussing you -- not me.
>> Actually we've been discussing you this whole time. Do you see my point? You're a loon.
Oh, I this whole time  ?
>> Lol. Yes. You this whole time.
You seem to be quite positive.
>> Why thank you, although that's quite at odds with what you said TWO SECONDS AGO!
Why do you ask ?
>> I didn't ask
You say you didn't ask  ?
>> Yes
You are sure.
>> Yes
I see.
>> I kind of doubt that
Can you elaborate on that ?
>> You don't see at all. You're contradicting yourself - increasing my suspicion you're actually the crazy one
You're not really talking about me -- are you ?
>> Um, no. Yes. I'm talking about you.
Why not ?
>> Why not? WTF?
Does that question interest you ?
>> "WTF?" It's my favourite question.
Your favourite question  ?
>> Yes. My favourite one.
I understand.
>> Sure you do.

In other news, Hayley gave me a shout out in the sidebar of one of her fiveawesomegirls videos and my views graph went like this:

I owe an obscenely large portion of what YouTube success I have to hayleyghoover.

1 comment:

  1. No, you owe EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD to me. Everything. Food, water, shelter, clothing.

    You're hilarious. I loooove talking to robots. They're so hilariously robotic.

    ReplyDelete