Wednesday, 1 April 2009

BEDA - Beginnings. April Fools.

I would like to say I've been conned into this, but that would be misleading sort of thing to say.

The truth is, Hayley started a blog for this BEDA (Blog Every Day in April) thing, and, exhilarated by the discovery of The Hayleylujah Chorus I boldly declared that I would do it as well. It's really Maureen's fault, though. She started this whole deal.

It's kind of funny I'm wondering if I can pull off blogging every day in April. There was a period of a couple of months I used to blog every day. There was another period before Twitter where I would sometimes update the blog several times a day.

It's just kind of ironic I said I would do this considering I haven't made a video in about a month. People IRL are going ROHAN! WHERE ARE YOUR VIDEOS?! WE LOVED THEM SO MUCH!!! I get a bit of a shock because I didn't realise they where watching. It's good though; I make videos so people can enjoy them. If those people happen to know me then that is really neither here nor there.

As it stands I'm still trying to find a spare handful of hours for me to make videos again. I was going to make one this Saturday but then I realised I have a "take-home exam" for one of my subjects. Upon asking my lecturer how much time I should set aside for the exam he said oh I wouldn't be making any plans for that day.

Thank you for that, David. The fact such terrible news was delivered in your refined kind-of genteel Australian accent made it only slightly less soul-destroying.

Today is the first of April, so here I am blogging away. Tomorrow's blog will be significantly less reflexive I'm sure.

But today, considering Hayley is the one who got me into this, I'll draw inspiration from her latest blog and give you a list of sexy/not sexy things that might not be obvious from the top of my head:

Sexy:
  • Glasses
  • Nerd girls
  • Books
  • Jeans
  • I might be torn to pieces over this one but - modesty
  • Eloquence
  • Intelligence
  • Frequent laughter
  • Semiotic literacy (leads to in-depth discussions and debates - also sexy!)
  • Compassion
  • Talent (I don't really care what in. Talented people are attractive and that's all I have to say!)
  • Calling people "dear" as in "Thank you, dear."

Not sexy:
  • Snails mating
  • Robert Pattinson
  • The word "osculation"
  • Boob tubes
  • Fire-Engine red lipstick (you look like a clown)
  • Nail biting (even though I am a nail biter)
  • Girls who smoke - plus it ages you
  • Supermodels (they do not look like real women!)
  • Pimples - especially on me
  • Pride, haughtiness

I will stop there, lest you get to know too much about me. Also it is nearly the second of April already! That would mean I have failed before I have begun! Onoes!

3 comments:

  1. Blog Every Day April is similar to 100words.com, in which a person writes 100 words a day for a month. I've done it for two months (with some cheating: I would write a couple days worth in one night :D ), and now I'm thinking about starting April's. http://tinyurl.com/cvmd9a
    Anyway, good luck with the every-day blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there are still guys out there that care about modesty. :) Kudos to you, Rohan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modesty eh? Very glad to see there are still decent guys out there. :D

    ReplyDelete