Sunday, 5 April 2009

Are you Rohan?

Today at work a little girl came up to me and said knowingly, "You're Rohan aren't you!"

I thought to myself My word! This little girl has seen my videos on YouTube! I have finally been recognised IRL!

So I said, "Why yes I am!" Then I smiled at her reassuringly.

Then she said, "I thought so. I follow you on Twitter!"

Let's put aside the distinct possibility that although I've never seen this little girl before, she probably attends my church (I got this idea from something else she said to me, but now I can't remember what that was). With that well and truly set aside, I have been recognised off Twitter before I have been recognised off YouTube. Does this seem strange to anyone else?

I think it is very strange.

By the way, it doesn't count when someone sees me in a public place, doesn't say hi but then sends me a message saying they saw me at such-and-such a place at such-and-such a time. That's kind of creepy. It makes me feel like I'm being stalked. I would much prefer it if you came up to me and asked if I'm that guy from the internet. If I'm with other people I'll probably be embarrassed, but at the same time you'll probably make my day.

I've had about three or four of the creepy-stalker messages before, but never has someone actually said hello. Am I that intimidating? Am I that socially awkward I couldn't carry the conversation? Do I smell?

I bet I smell. That's got to be what it is.

4 comments:

  1. I would come say hello if I every saw you. But I live in America, so chances are..slim..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just say that the answer to your dilemma and questions is Yes. Why just cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter totally pwns YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it count if I ask you if you're that guy from the internet? It probably doesn't...

    ReplyDelete