Monday, 9 February 2009

The Weight of the Email on my Shoulders

!!!

Hello all you lovely new blog followers!

Please pardon my impersonal blog post addressing you all instead of addressing just you but I'm kind of freaking out right now!

While I managed to kinda-sorta keep up with the email and comments last night when I first noticed I was featured (I'll tell the whole story some other time) those 7 hours I spent sleeping have really filled up my inbox with all kinds of things!

This is what I woke up to this morning:

So I had to do some reshuffling in Gmail. Everything but comments and new subscriptions gets automatically deleted. Comments and new subscriptions get sent to the YouTube tag/folder I've got going, which is automatically archived but still shows up in a separate inbox that I can see. So at least now I won't miss an important email because it has been drowned by the three-thousand-odd of emails I've received in the last 15 hours.

I feel really awful I'm not going to be able to get back to everyone and thank them for subscribing. I mean... I could try, but it would probably take me a year to do so. I don't know, I guess with the way I've got it set up now it means I can take my time... but do I have the time?

I can barely read everyone's comments on my videos there are so many!

This is crazy. Good crazy, but still crazy. I'll calm down soon enough I'm sure but for now please humour me while I try and deal with this in my own special way.

4 comments:

  1. i hate it when the youtubers i love get to famous to care anymore =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an idea: print out a list of all the names who've subscribed to you. Then, record yourself saying them (do it fast). It might take what, ten minutes or so? Or less? THEN edit the vid in fast forward and post it as your Friday video and tell everyone to shut up and be happy.

    Or you can just do the last bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa Breath Boyo... your human no one should expect you to be freakin Harry Potter of the Youtube World... Your just a sad Muggle like the rest of us.

    ....wow did I just use HP references... I've been up to long.

    ReplyDelete