Sunday, 15 February 2009

Hope, Strength and Delight

I haven't done a blog-blog for a while now. I guess I'm a bit afraid of getting personal with all the extra people hanging around now. Well I guess it's time I started blogging for real again, rather than only posting things that make me laugh. This isn't Tumblr you know.

I can not get the bridge of this song out of my head:



This is the Hillsong United version. It's longer than the Hillsong original (which features a particularly-hawkish Darlene Zschech), but this way you get to listen to the lovely Brooke Fraser plus you get to see Joel Houston's hobo-beard. As an extra bonus you get to hear the song sung by a couple of thousand people in what I assume is Spanish. I know you were hanging out for that ; )

Still, watch 'till the end. It has a very nice end.
All my delight is in you Lord
All of my hope
All of my strength
All my delight is in you Lord
Forevermore

Looking at those words written down, they're very simple. They're not poetic and they're not particularly powerful; that is, when they're just written down. But when you say them out loud, what do they mean? They suddenly become hard, sharp and true.

They are true. Where do I derive all my hope and strength and delight? God, who loves me. I wish there was a way I could describe to you how exactly true that sentence is. You might think it's hyperbole. It's not.

And what else would such a great love do than to spur me to instil hope and strength and delight in others?

That is my goal.

7 comments:

  1. Such a great post. I need to find a church near me, since I'll be staying outside of Boston for awhile. I miss singing great songs like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a way I could describe to you how exactly true that sentence is.

    I wish you could too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...amazing song...very emotional and sensational, thnx 4 posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for getting personal again Rohan. I needed the wake up call. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with being personal, haters will always exhist and you can tell people to f-off in your own nice style.

    As for those words I'm not an overly religious person mostly because i'm one 'gay' and two i've had it shoved down my throat most of my young life, there is NOTHING wrong with being touched by something you find powerful.

    Everyone can find comfort in words whether religious words, poetry, music lyrics all sorts of things as long as it holds a beautiful strong meaning to you thats what matters.

    But they are powerful words if you look closely.

    Keep being personal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU for being "personal"! While I haven't seen you be less than, this blog has been a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great song!!
    I cant understand english well actually ,but i think it is really great song. :)

    well I watched your video in youtube.
    "51 Things From My Room"
    and the video makes me happy so I opened your blog to say Thank you.

    Arigatou.(Thank you in Japanese)
    also for this song,too. :)

    ReplyDelete