Monday, 19 January 2009

Never Been Featured

Until today I had never been featured on the YouTube front page. All the subscribers and views I got were due to networking and video responses and my own creativity.

All that changed today when this happened on the Australian and New Zealand YouTube front pages:


And as a result, this happened:


That's only a small fraction of the emails I got when I woke up today.

My favourite part of the whole experience? The haters. Some of them are pretty creative. I like to congratulate them when they come up with something that tickles my fancy:


 
I also appreciate how this one self-censored "MOTHA FU**ER"


To be honest I'd rather get pimped out by another YouTuber, because there's a lot less drama when that happens. Like when Hayley featured one of my videos on her channel page. I think I got maybe one negative comment from that. I also got about four times the number of subscribers.

It's still a good feeling though. Someone from YouTube saw the video and decided to feature it, so I guess you could say I'm really, really happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I think I got the exact same hater comments when I was features back in the ol' youtube days.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS :)
    and, nahhh.. I didn't say anything bad about you. In a way, promoting your channel on this side of the world???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love youtube comments so much. i could read them all day...but then i'd have no life. i liked your vid. good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thing is, I've had you on my mind alot lately (for very uncreepy reasons). I pull up youtube and what do you know. Rohan has been featured!

    GLOABALLY!

    Then I realized I had my local on australia...

    But still. Congrats. :) :)

    ReplyDelete