Monday, 10 November 2008

The Interview, or, A Sentimental Moment

The interview I had today was okay, but it wasn't great. It could seriously go either way. I was worried, but now I'm fine. It's out of my control now, and it is completely up to God.

This helped too:



It's The House of God, Forever by Jon Foreman.

It is based off Psalm 23, which is one of the most beautiful pieces of poetry ever written (even when translated):

The Lord is my shepherd;
  I have all that I need
.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
  he leads me beside peaceful streams.
  He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
  bringing honour to his name.

Even when I walk
  through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid,
  for you are close beside me.

Your rod and your staff
  protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
  in the presence of my enemies.
You honour me by anointing my head with oil.
  My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
  all the days of my life,

and I will live in the house of the Lord
  forever.


(New Living Translation, emphasis mine)

1 comment:

  1. I love Switchfoot (and Jon Foreman) I heard he put out some solo stuff. Please tell me Switchfoot didn't break up! I met them at a festival back in I think 2003 or something. Nice guys.

    ReplyDelete