Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Transport Enthusiast

Tonight I made an amazing, unbelievable discovery on YouTube. I am seriously mega-excited about it. A guy, mathew122, subscribed to me and a few other friends. I always check out who subscribes to me - make sure they're not creepy people.



Mathew's videos immediately caught my interest. Buses. Only buses. Then I checked his subscriptions/subscribers - more people with bus videos!



My friend Rob actually talked to Mathew on MSN and discovered he also has a website: ACT Bus.



I have discovered the secret bus-loving community on YouTube!



You have no idea how thrilled I am to find these people. I don't understand the appeal, but I love love LOVE that there are people in the world who love buses. I'm not making fun; it (somehow) gives me hope for humanity.



The news has been so depressing lately. It's nice to know that there are people out there who aren't afraid to get excited about buses. It's something that could so easily be made fun of and - seeing as I'm a person who gets excited about things other people are completely un-enthused by - I can actually relate.



I think it's fantastic that people who love buses have found a way to form a community online. I can imagine that it's difficult for others who do not love buses to understand how somebody can take such detailed interest in something as commonplace as a bus. In fact, I don't understand it myself. To me it's just a bus. But seriously, the knowledge that the transport enthusiast community exists gives me no small amount of joy.



All the transport enthusiasts out there should become Bus Nerdfighters straight away. They are already amazingly awesome and would fit right in.



Seriously - buses!



=D

1 comment:

  1. The news has also been depressing me... All these Catholics descending on my country. When Archibishop Pell leads protests against the mardi gras he is executing his freedom to religious freedom and free speech. When other people protest against the many and varied atrocities of the Catholic church, they are 'annoying' and can be arrested as thus.

    I really want to go to Sydney to meet up with some people, though I feel seriously conflicted at the prospect. :|

    ReplyDelete