Thursday, 10 July 2008

Reading...


The Nerdfighter Blurbing Book Club is on again and this time around we're supposed to read Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. I dutifully borrowed the book from my library about a week ago and read half of it on the first day... and I didn't read too much more after that.



It's beautifully written, but the story is slow slow slow. Also the protagonist is really negative about everything. I'm going to finish it. I really am. I'm just... reading another book in-between *innocent face*.



The same day I got Catcher I also got Maureen Johnson's Devilish. Although I didn't enjoy Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes (sorry Maureen) I thought I should give her books another try because I enjoy her blog so very very much.



The chapters in Devilish are short, and reading them is like eating tasty snacks - you don't realise how much you're eating because each piece is bite-size. Turns out I read half the book in the first sitting and didn't even realise. It's lots of fun. I'm enjoying it very much.



Nothing overly super-exciting has happened so far, but I know it's building up to something. There has been enough intrigue to hold my attention anyway. Certain elements are weaving together, and more and more people with red hair are appearing. I know this means something.



So yay. After I finish those I'm going to go back and read Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. It's a book we were supposed to be reading for the Blurbing Book Club a while ago but I never got around to it.



Looking through the book archives of this blog I remembered I was supposed to be reading the Harry Potter series as well. It completely slipped my mind. Well I'll get on with that in due course, but for now I'll shelve the Boy Wizard - yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment