Sunday, 18 May 2008

BOOKS and... Pokémon.

This post is completely not about YouTube. Okay I might mention it once but that is it.

I was reading this book about a dude that flies using industrial contraptions - Airman or something. It was by Eoin Colfer who is a favourite of mine, although nothing will beat his Artemis Fowl books. According to Wikipedia there is a sixth book and a movie in the works - and that fills me with all kinds of happiness.

Anyway, what happened was when I was about five chapters into the flying-person book the library sent me an email telling me that An Abundance of Katherines by John Green had finally come in. Of course I dropped everything and read it. I read it and finished it. It was very good, although I personally prefer Looking for Alaska - that's just me.

Currently I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol. I've never read it before and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's very subversive in a nonsense kind of way - not Disneyfied at all.

NERD ALERT! <--(Oh go on. You love it.)

There is, however, one problem. I might not be reading much right now because the fiveawesomeguys have set the Pokéchallenge. That is, we all have to complete the oldest version of a Pokémon game we can find and talk about it in our videos. I figured I'd do the completing bit but leave the updates for the blog, rather than making videos that just say "I got a Snorlax! And... that's all. Kbai."

Also because I'm a sucker for punishment, I'm completing the LeafGreen version (a remake of the old Blue version) using only normal-type Pokémon. I've done this before, but I used fire and then water-type Pokémon. I might have done some other types too - but I can't remember. It was ages ago!

It's very fun. If you want to do it using only one type of Pokémon then let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these.
    Have you ever read the Mortal Engines books? I think that from the books you mention above you would like them. They're definatly one of the best set of books I've ever read. Even better than a certain set of books about a teenage wizard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh noes, now I feel the need to dig out my old Yellow version, and I think I gave it to my 3 year-old brother... Did you know he was the one who invented the phrase "Let me show you my Pokemans"? OK, not really. I want Pokemon. Nao.

    ReplyDelete