Friday, 14 March 2008

What If It Never Came Back?

One of the amazing things about Random Chicken isn't that she speaks randomly, but that she speaks at all. I can just imagine an unwashed villager running through 14th Century markets screaming to all who will hear "Oh my word! My chicken spake unto me 'electrical jockstrap!' I wasnae even awareth electricity had been invented!"

I on the other hand, cannot speak. I've lost my voice. I woke up this morning with a tickle in my throat and all day at uni it escalated into a full-blown, voice-losing throat bug. It even hurts to swallow (that's what she said!)

Good news is that I'm Soothering the hell out of this bastard. Oh you little eucalyptus blessings, you were sent from the very bosom of heaven itself.

Imagine if my voice just never came back at all. While I imagine my blogging would go on unabated, vlogging would become a real pain in the bum. I guess I could just pull a Magibon and get bazillions of subscribers by looking blankly into the camera while eating pizza, except for the fact that I'm neither Asian nor female.

I'd be excused from having to answer my lecturer's (note I'm talking about just one lecturer here) ridiculous questions that way. "What was the thing in the 20th Century that made us all think differently?"

Good grief.

Apparently the answer was Freudian psychology. Also apparently the answer was obvious.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of people seem to be losing their voices lately. We need to have a national day of silence to preserve what is left of our ability to talk methinks.

    ReplyDelete