Friday, 7 March 2008

Internet Sundries

There is as yet no icon for when I talk about the internet. I couldn't think of one that didn't involve a whole heap of spider-webs and those are a pain to draw. Also I would have been tempted to put Toilet Spider in there and that's just not nice. I'm going to use the YouTube icon instead, but I want it on the record that I actually wanted to use the internet icon, even though I don't have an internet icon.

It occurred to me that it is possible that some people from YouTube who have blogs think I'm a bit of a stalker. I'm thinking in particular at the moment of WalllofWeird, but potentially other users think I'm a bit of a freak too. Why? I have an RSS reader that gives me instant notification whenever their blogs update. I got notification that Katrina had updated her text-blog and I left a comment straight away, but I realised it looks like I've been constantly refreshing her blog just to see if she'd posted yet.

I mean, I guess I don't really care. I don't actually know Katrina after all. Only I also by chance came across her secret channel (with only two l's) and left a comment there too. That was within an hour or whatever of the blog thing. If someone did that to me I would probably think they were being a really super-obsessive fan.

There's every chance Katrina is reading this considering my comments on her blog contain a link to my blog (it's an OpenId thing). To Katrina I say don't worry - I do this to lots of people.

Also, if you didn't think I had enough blogs already, one of my subjects at uni requires me to start a blog about the internet. Enter Neobabbage, my blog about the internet. It'll probably update around once a week for the weekly task that we are required to do. I may or may not update it more often on the topic of the internet during this semester just so I can get brownie points from my lecturer. I'm such a suckup.

1 comment:

  1. If you're going to have an "Internet" picture I think it should be just the words: "The Information Superhighway." lol

    Meanwhile.. I just subscribed to you for no apparent reason, before anyone knew who you were... and I totally commented your videos and favourited every 2nd one for a while there. Does that make me stalkerish? =P

    (Here's hoping!)

    ReplyDelete