Sunday, 2 March 2008

Goal Reached!

I said a little while ago that my goal was to get one subscriber per day I've been on YouTube. Well I did it just then - a month early. I'm a wee bit surprised really because at the time I set that goal, I was about a month behind and I genuinely thought I wouldn't make it.

I'm really pleased at the moment when it comes to YouTube. Not especially because I reached my goal. The number is essentially arbitrary and not really why I joined YouTube anyway. You could climb that subscriber ladder forever and still feel like you needed more.

No I'm really pleased right now because I've made some new friends there just recently and it's been a lot of fun chatting away to them. Every now and then I think "even if I didn't get to know any more people, I would be content with who I've already met online". I usually take it back the next day, but it's kind of true at least.

I mean sure, online friends can never (and should never) overtake spending time with 'IRL' friends, but it is an awful lot of fun to have an MSN multi-convo with people from all over the country and all over the world. Better than watching the telly anyway. Plus you eventually meet these people, even if it's years down the line. They might even become real life friends - like my friend Mitto, er, Matthew.

Plus who knows what contact might be useful next time you are stuck without help in the middle of Europe somewhere?

1 comment:

  1. em ez en orgies are always fun, but you must come and visit Nookie and I during the holidays so we can join your lovely list of IRL friends.
    we promise we're not 50yr old men =)

    ReplyDelete