Friday, 15 February 2008

TWLOHA - Still Feeling It (Kind of)

I'm still really curious about these guys. There's a gap for people like me, who feel terrible for other people going though depression, addiction or whatever, but lack the wherewithal to do anything about it. I suppose because TWLOHA is an awareness-raising group it means that they come closest to filling that gap. They donate money on to other projects and they help people connect with counseling in their area.

As a uni student, come March I'll be both time and money poor. Still, perhaps once I've paid off my debt to my parents (Felix had a service and there was a large, unforeseen expense) I can donate to them and buy a T-shirt or two so that people might ask about them. The thing is, they are also about an attitude that I've been trying to cultivate in myself for months now - active love. Not just feel-good type stuff but love that actually makes a difference in other people's lives. I guess that's why I like them so much.

So anyway, that's the story about my new favourite charity. You can donate on their website.

3 comments:

  1. I kind of think there is a more immediate opportunity to help people; start with your friends.

    Tshirts and raising money and stuff is awesome and whatnot. But sometimes its good just to have a shoulder to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely what these guys are about too. They're trying to foster that sentiment in everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to see your interest in this. I can't wait to see more programs run by the next Christian generation, reaching out for the sake of reaching out. These actions definately speak louder than words!

    You seem compelled, so you can always think about doing a short mission or something with a group.

    Have you heard of the Red Frogs Schoolies & Uni crew in Australia?
    www.redfrogs.com.au/

    ReplyDelete