Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Subscribers

Still not the grand opening, but this blog is like the "let's fill up the archives a little bit before we announce the existence of the blog blog". You see, that way when people go to look at the new Fillet Skillet they'll be all:

"Oh wow look at the posts Robo already has"

and then they'll read them all at once and have a bit of an OD, but then I'll have them by the balls and they'll all be coming back for more and more.

And more and more AND MORE!

But anyway, onto the topic at hand. Subscribers. A lot of the time they annoy the hell out of me, but hey, you can't 'tube without 'em. Well actually that wasn't fair. The ones who leave the annoying comments are usually people who don't subscribe. But I digress.

The point I'm trying to make is that YouTubers are obsessed with them. I'm no exception. It's like the YouTube currency. I'll make a video collaboration with you on the understanding that we'll both get subscribers for it - audience swapping. Have you got the goods? You're not seeing the subscribers until you show me the goods you hear me? et cetera et cetera. You are either a failure or a success depending on if you have more than X number of subscribers.

Why am I rambling about this, you ask. And more importantly, where are the pictures? Well just give me a sec and I'll get right on it don't you worry.

My 'one year anniversary' on YouTube is coming up. Now, technically, you would think that it would be fairly easy to get one subscriber a day for every day you've been on YouTube. In my case that would make it 366 subs by the 4th of April (remember we have a 29th of February this year). That's now my goal, but I'd better hop to it if I want to get there, because I'm actually behind. If I were to be on track today, it would mean that I should have 301 people subscribed to my videos. I've 'only' got 273.

And I don't know why I'm a 'hypnotist' or even why a hypnotist would be classed as a comedian at all. Except for that guy who makes people do stupid stuff in public places. You know, people laugh but man that guy is such an... um... bumhole.

Now, if I never got another subscriber I know that my YouTube experience wouldn't actually change. I've made lots of friends already. But I don't care what anyone says; I know that when it comes down to it if you never got another subscriber ever again you'd feel pretty bad about it. You'd wonder if you were doing something wrong or something. So yeah I wanna see if I can do this thing.

366 by the 4th of April. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment